Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS)
Built using our cPortals Content Management System (CMS) the site incorporates lots of funky features with a bright and bold design and really showcases the great work LRS carry out, as well as being the number one resource for all things sport, no matter how much or little you participate!
Having seen our work for Inspire LeicesterShire and Sports Think Tank, LRS initially came to Cuttlefish in November 2011 in search of a replacement site for their Active Together Workplace Challenge. We happily obliged and in January 2012 the site was launched. Following this, LRS's attention turned to their flagship site.
LRS's requirements were not only that the site should have a fresh new look but crucially that the Content Management System should be powerful yet extremely easy to use. We worked very closely with LRS to define and refine their requirements and, using the wide variety of simple-to-use features which come as standard in our cPortals CMS (many of which were not present in their previous solution), we've been able to build a website tailored exactly to their way of working which looks great too!
There's been nothing but positive feedback so far and we're really proud of what we've achieved with LRS both on lrsport.org and workplacechallenge.org.uk. There's also plenty more to come so if you're in Leicestershire and into (or want to get into) sport you should definitely check out the site and sign up for their newsletter!
- Bespoke course/event booking system tailored to Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's exact requirements
- Custom "GO GOLD" funding application module, blogging and profile tools designed to help LRSport and their talented athletes keep fans up to date (and fulfil their funding obligations!) quickly and easily
- Bespoke Activity Finder module
- Email newsletters created within the site itself using the same cPortals CMS, and with the ability to include custom content as well as 'cherry picked' items already on the site
- "Parent to child" content options – items such as news and events added to the main LRSport site can be automatically pushed out to relevant cPortals-built partner sites such as the Local Sports Authorities meaning items need only be added once to update multiple sites
- Flexible permissions system allowing different people to take responsibility for their own areas of the site