Summer Sundae Weekender
Website & Mobile Apps
Summer Sundae Weekender is a festival of 7,000 people set in Leicester's De Montfort Hall and Gardens. Held in the centre of Leicester, Summer Sundae is unique in bringing a green-field festival experience to an easily accessible urban location. Now in its twelfth year, the event has grown from a modest one - day affair into an award- winning three-day festival with camping.
The Website is a fundamental tool used by festival organisers to engage with festival-goers, traders, PR, and an untapped potential audience. Key features of the website include Tickets, Lineup, and social media interaction.
The festival's Facebook page was enhanced to provide access to tickets, Sign-up to Summer Sundae emailing list, line-up and podcast. The API was updated to include these features to drive traffic to the website and box office, and engage with festival goers and potential customers.
- News feed displays all current news items from the website, keeping users up to date
- Line-up provides quick and easy acces to the full event programme using Day, Artist, and Stage categories
- Reminders allow users to bookmark an artist and receive a notification 10 minutes before a performance
- The Map provides an overview of the festival site and a handy 'locate me' option so festival goers can get their bearings
- Tickets is integrated with the festival venue's booking system allowing festival goers to purchase their tickets in advance of the event